Grace History

Grace Evangelical Lutheran Congregation was first called to task in 1953. In that year, a small group of European immigrants, who had until then been supported by Christ Lutheran Church of St. Catharines, decided to form their own congregation. They called their own pastor and held Christian services of worship in which the Gospel was preached, the Lord’s Supper was received, new children of God were baptized, and God was praised in hymns and prayer. Today we continue this mission. Though the greater part of our people are now served in the English language, we continue to hold services in German for those who need to hear the Gospel in their mother tongue. In 1968 God blessed us with a new building constructed by the hands of Grace’s members, which is still in use today. We also celebrated a 50th Anniversary in 2003 with a day of worship and thanksgiving to our Lord.

Original Grace Building circa 1953

Original Grace Building circa 1953

Original Grace Building circa 1953

Original Sanctuary circa 1953